Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm melting...

So I am finally starting to post again. The summer went by pretty fast until we came back to Yuma, now it is lasting forever it seems. That's probably because of the horrible heat here. This is the forecast (according to weather.com) for the next five days, starting with tomorrow: 116, 115, 110, 108, 105. Oh yeah, and right now it is about 111. The house we are renting does not get very cool either. It often gets up to 85 even though I set the thermostat at 76. I set it this low (that's low for here) because I know that it is inaccurate. I guess the people who have lived in Yuma for a long time are just used to the heat or don't know any different, but I can't stand it. Sometimes I get really worried that we are going to live here for a long time, which is totally possible. I don't think that I would handle that too well. So that's my 2010 complaint about Yuma's weather.

After composing this, I realized that the last sentence makes it sound like I am going to have a complaint about this every year. Hopefully, though, we won't live here a long time (maybe move to a place with a less harsh climate) or I will just learn to deal with it and not complain about it. (I am hoping for the former.)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

oh how that is hot, so what do you do when it is that hot? do you spend your time in the water? well when you have extra time! Do you ever look at my blog?

Andrea said...

Jennifer-When it's that hot, I just cry a lot or try to get in the freezer. That's not very easy to do, though. Just kidding, what we really do is not go outside and keep the blinds closed or go to stores that are pretty cool inside (like Target). By this time in the summer, most pools are actually pretty warm, and the water from our hose is quite warm as well. In fact, we usually don't even get cold/cool water from the tap in the house. During the summer, it comes out warm, sometimes even hot. Also, I do look at your blog. I read it everytime that you post; I just don't usually leave comments.

Jenn said...

i was just teasing you about the blog oh i am so sorry you have to deal w the heat. Ya i guess i would live in the stores for the cool ac yikes!

Andrea said...

I hope I wasn't sounding rude or whatever when I said that I do look at your blog because I wasn't trying to.