Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Trent!

So this is a little late, but Trent's birthday was about three weeks ago on August 22. We had a little family celebration for him. For dinner, we went to Texas Roadhouse, which is always fun. I am being kind of sarcastic because now that we have three kids, we decided that eating out is usually more hassle than it's worth. That's mostly because it costs more and because of Bristol. She can be a handful at restaurants so it's just not that enjoyable. I digress. Anyway, after dinner, we had chocolate cake, and Trent opened his presents. His main present was a new wedding ring. His original one has been gone for almost three years so I finally replaced it. This one is a lot nicer so he better not lose it. So that was pretty much his birthday.
Another tangent (but I think it's kind of funny and talking about Trent's ring reminded me of it): When I was in Tucson for a doctor appointment about four weeks ago, Trent came along but was at the mall with the kids while I was at the doctor's office. He was outside a jewelry store and an employee told him to come in and buy jewelry for me. Trent said, "No, my wife wants to get our student loans paid off." (Which is true. I am far more interested in paying those off than in getting new jewelry. Thankfully, we are almost done.) Then some lady nearby said, "No, that's what you want!"

No comments: