Thursday, December 11, 2008

Finished!


So I finally completed my felt applique stocking, which I started over two years ago. Back in 2006, Gayle (Trent's mom) got us three of the stocking kits, and of course, I finished Trent's and Brooke's first. By the time Christmas came around, I was about two-thirds finished with mine. I was pregnant with Jade and busy with other Christmas stuff so I didn't get it done. Last year, I just didn't get around to it either. I decided that I would definitely get it done this year, though, and I finished it on Tuesday night after working on it the last couple of weeks. Now I have one for Jade that I would like to have ready by Christmas, but I am kind of skeptical that it will happen. These take a really long time to do, and it's only two weeks until Christmas. Plus Jade's stocking has over 100 pieces whereas mine had about 50. So we'll see if I get it done...

2 comments:

Jenn said...

wow that looks cool, but to much work for me to do> i just like to sew the ones just using a simple patern with differnt xmas material, I have some i was making(nice ones) w/ warm and natural(and not like the cheapy thin ones mom made) but they are lost in the house somewhere myabe w all my material!

B.H. said...

Hooray! It looks great! How did you get your letters to look so perfect? I just finished Eve's and put housework and any extra time to get mine done in time the past couple of days:)