Tuesday, November 29, 2011

One Month

As of this past Friday, Aspen is already one month old.  She still doesn't do much of course, but I can tell that she is definitely growing.  She already seems a lot bigger until I see other babies.  Then I realize that she is still pretty small.  On Thursday, she goes to the doctor for a check-up, and we'll see how much she weighs.  I know that she's gained at least two pounds, though. 
On her one month "birthday".

Aspen has also been working on her crying skills.  A couple of weeks ago she started crying a lot more.  Sometimes it is for as long as an hour and for no discernible reason.  That hasn't been too enjoyable, but it hasn't been that bad.  Sometimes it is just at an inconvenient time like when I should be making dinner and Trent is at work.  Then we usually end up having dinner late or eating something like cereal.  Luckily, Aspen doesn't do this in the middle of the night, and I had to deal with a lot more crying from Jade when she was a newborn (and I survived).  She would cry for hours, including in the middle of the night.  That didn't last forever, though, and I know this won't either.
Awake (and not crying!)

No comments: