Thursday, November 17, 2011

Two Years Old

Bristol turned two years old on October 20, and we did nothing for her birthday that day.  Instead we waited until Sunday the 23rd.  Trent had to work (he leaves at 1pm), and his next day off was Sunday.  Since I was going to be having the baby two days later and I was trying to also prepare for that, I didn't bother making a whole birthday cake.  I just made cupcakes, and I am sure that Bristol didn't care either way.  While waiting to sing and then eat the cupcakes, Bristol was very funny.  She kept saying "cupcakes" because she was eager to eat them.

Bristol is getting to be more fun especially now that she is talking a lot more.  She frequently says "I love you" and gives lots of hugs and kisses.  She is also pretty tough.  Like many toddlers, she falls down or gets hurt a lot, but it often doesn't bug her at all.  Recently, she had her blood drawn to check for lead (tangent: I am pretty sure none of my other kids had this done but the pediatrician here says they do it at one, two and four years so I am wondering if it has something to do with this area), and when they did it, it didn't bother her one bit.  I was worried that she was going to cry and squirm, but she was fine.

One funny thing about Bristol is that she still doesn't have much hair for her age.  When she was one, she was still pretty bald.  She definitely has more hair now, but compared to most two year olds, she doesn't have much.  Although when I look at pictures of her from a few months ago in the summer, she has more now so I guess it has been growing lately.  I think that I expected her to have more hair because Brooke and Jade did (especially Jade), but at least I don't have to worry about doing Bristol's hair yet.

1 comment:

B.H. said...

The lead testing is new. Grant just had it done too. Love the pictures of the girls!