Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lately

So we haven't been up to much lately.  Trent is just working.  Brooke is going to school, and Bristol, Jade, and I stay home.  I attempt to be productive, but really I just spend a lot of time feeding Bristol and keeping her out of things.  She eats a lot and gets into just about everything.  By the time she takes a nap, I have to take one also.  Bristol is pretty fun and funny, though, and she's picking up words quickly now (especially candy, cake and cookie).  She likes to say, "What's that?" and "See ya."
   When I see the baby ticker on the blog, I can't believe it already says 34 days.  I know that more likely than not, I don't even have that long until the baby is born.  I really don't have the baby stuff ready, but that's on my agenda for this week.  I have kind of been procrastinating it because I first wanted to get the garage and some stuff in my bedroom organized.  And I have been procrastinating getting that stuff organized because it's just not that fun.  Trent and I worked on the garage about two week ago and made some good progress that day, but we didn't get back to it until this week.  So we have to finish it in the next couple of days so I can get all the baby stuff out of there and get it ready ASAP.  I am trying to find a dresser for the baby (like I need one this week) so I have somewhere to put her stuff, but furniture options here are pretty limited.
     I went to the doctor on Friday, and she did an ultrasound.  I am measuring small (which is actually normal for me) so she just wanted to check on the baby.  That was fine with me.  I am happy to see the baby again before I get to see her outside of me.  The baby is on the small end of normal so everything is okay.  The doctor also going to checked to see if I am dilated at all yet, and I was a 1.  The baby's head is also down really low.  Since my due date is still about five weeks away, I am thinking I'll have her about October 21 (which would be at 38 weeks) or maybe even a little sooner.  Really, I would be okay with later than that, but that probably won't happen.  I just want to make sure that I have everything ready before the birth.  I go to the doctor again on Friday (the 7th), and we'll see if anything has changed.  Here is the baby's face from the ultrasound:
This is the side of her face.  On the right is her forehead.  Going left, you can see her eye, cheek and nose.

No comments: