Saturday, October 1, 2011

Miracle

Well, okay maybe this isn't really a miracle, but I am still happy about it.  Brooke's school had pictures about a month ago.  I was kind of nervous because so far her school pictures have not been great.  I hate spending the money when they don't even look that good.  Anyway, on picture day, I curled her hair and she wore a cute dress.  Since I wasn't sure how the school pictures would turn out, I took a picture of her before she left.
I think she looks pretty good here.
And this is her school picture.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it.
If I had the inclination and readily knew where her pictures from kindergarten and first grade were, I would scan and post them.  Then you would know exactly what I was talking about.  You'll just have to trust me instead.
     Brooke is doing really well in school this year so far, just as I had expected.  At parent-teacher conferences, her teacher only had positive things to say about her.  I am glad to know that with other people, she is always well-behaved.  At home that's not always the case, but I think that's pretty common for other kids also.  She really enjoys reading and read the first Harry Potter book a few weeks ago.  Sometimes, Brooke really gets into books and would continue reading until 10pm or later on a school night if I let her.  I am glad that she has such a love for reading.  We just wish she had that much enthusiasm for math.  She can do the math at her grade level just fine, but we are trying to get her to learn her times tables at home.  They haven't started that yet in school, but I definitely think that it is not beyond her capacity to learn them now.  She is making progress but sometimes is very resistant.  I think that it is partially because she would rather go read or play than practice her multiplication.  In general, things are going pretty well for Brooke.  It's nice knowing that she was able to start a new school this year without any problems.

No comments: