Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Just One Week

Well, for now, I am scheduled to be induced one week from today, on October 25.  I am a lot more ready for the baby now than I was a week or two ago.  I washed and put away all the clothes.  We got a new dresser, which we actually gave to Jade, and the baby is using Jade's old dresser.  I finally just bought the dresser from Target because it wasn't very expensive.  I was trying to avoid buying that dresser, not because I didn't like it, but because I knew we would have to assemble it ourselves.  So I put it together a couple of weeks ago, and it took me four hours or something.  It is cute, but I really hated spending all that time doing that.  However, there isn't a really good craigslist here since the town is small, and there is about one furniture store -- not very impressive either.  Buying something online would have cost a lot in shipping, and we still probably would have had to assemble the dresser ourselves.  Anyway, I have managed to complete some miscellaneous projects also.  So I think that by next Tuesday, I will be as ready as I wanted to be. 

Bristol's birthday is this Thursday, and she will be two years old.  The last two years have gone by so quickly; I sometimes find it hard to believe that she's not a baby anymore.  But she really isn't.  I think that will be especially evident when I have the baby and compare them.  I am kind of excited for her birthday, though.  Because of the baby, I actually have been planning way ahead and already bought/wrapped all of her presents.  Having it done by now is pretty good for me.  I believe that Trent's mom will also be arriving that day.  She's coming to help us with the kids, and we are excited to have her visit.

No comments: