Thursday, May 21, 2009

Family Visit

This is long overdue, but I still wanted to post it. My family came to visit us near the end of March when the children were on Spring Break. This includes three of my sisters (Lisa, Jennifer and Becky), my mom, and Lisa's three kids (Cali, Brock and Maci). They all stayed at my house which made it a little crazy at times, but it was still fun. It was good for Brooke and Jade to be able to hang out and play with their cousins, whom we hadn't seen since the beginning of November.

Plus we did some fun things with them. We went to the camel farm one day, and then another day we went to San Diego. In San Diego, we went to the temple so my family could see it, and then after that, we went to Birch Aquarium. The kids really enjoyed Birch Aquarium. They were able to see lots of sea animals of course and even touched a few in the aquarium's tide pools. I really like the aquarium for those reasons and for the fact that it was relatively inexpensive ($12 for adults and even less for kids) and not too big (perfect for little kids). After we were finished at the aquarium, we went to the beach. Now it was probably in the '80's in Yuma at this time, but in San Diego, near the beach, I think it was in the low '70's. Not exactly beach weather. The kids didn't mind, though. They put their swimsuits on and played in the sand and water until we got hungry for dinner. After we ate, we drove back to Yuma and arrived there really late. We did a lot that day, but it was fun!

Anyway, my family stayed for five or six days and then drove back to Idaho. That part wasn't so fun for them, though, since it is an eighteen hour drive. I was a little envious, also, because I wish that I could go back to Idaho.
The cousins and Becky at the camel farm.

At Birch Aquarium.

Brooke, Brock and Maci looking at the sea animals in the tide pool.

Becky on the beach.

Jade at the beach.

Brooke outside Birch Aquarium.

The kids with Grandma Joanna at the San Diego Temple.

Jade running around on the grass at the temple.

Brooke and Brock looking at the tortoise at the camel farm.

Maci at the camel farm.

No comments: